Have you ever thought about the difference between knowing and believing? You can know something is true, but its a totally different thing to believe it. Believing puts knowledge into action. Let’s take a look at five things you should believe about God.
- Believe God Loves You – This is such a simple truth, but when it becomes a belief, it can change your life. You’ve probably heard, “God Loves You” a million times. But have you ever let that truth sink in? Have you ever stopped to think about the fact that God loves you? Spend some time thinking about the fact that God loves you…it will change the way you live your life, and the way you treat others.
“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.” – John 3:16 (Message)
- Believe God Is For You – This will help you through any situation you face. When you believe that God is for you, it changes the way you see yourself. You no longer look at yourself as someone who is just getting by in life. You see that God is on your side. He’s cheering you on, wanting you to succeed in life. Choose to believe that God is on your side.
“So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? ” – Romans 8:31 (Message)
- Believe That God Is With You – Do you ever feel alone or that no one really gets you? When you believe that God is with you, you won’t have to feel like you’re facing life alone. You begin to realize that you don’t have to live life in your own strength and ability, but that you can lean on God and his help. He will help you out when you feel alone.
“Since God assured us, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” – Hebrews 13:5 (Message)
- Believe That God Will Deliver You – God promises in His word to deliver us. That means that if we’re in harm’s way, He’ll go to bat for us to protect and deliver us from danger. What an awesome truth! When you believe that God will deliver you, it will remove fear in your life. You don’t have to be afraid of danger because you know that God is there to deliver you from those situations.
“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” saysGod, “I’ll get you out of any trouble. I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times” – Psalm 91:14-15 (Message)
- Believe God Will Provide – Instead of being limited by your resources, choose to tap into God’s resources. Believe that God will provide for you. Need a job? Believe that God has the right one lined up for you. Need help with math? Believe that God is sending the right people into your life to help you out and that you are understanding quickly. Believing that God will provide will change the way you live you life. It will help you see that you’re no longer bound to what you can do, but that you lean on God.
“You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19 (Message)
These beliefs will change your life, if you’ll let them. Take the time to think about them and let them become a part of your core belief system, as you do, they will begin to revolutionize the way you live.
Joe BDecember 10, 2015 at 10:55 am
I don’t believe any of those five things. I don’t even believe God exists. It’s all made up bull.
NancyDecember 27, 2015 at 5:58 pm
I don’t believe Joe B exists, or if he does , he didn’t write the comment above. It’s all made up bull.
Joe BDecember 30, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Joe B (me) exists because there is actual evidence for my existence, which is more than I can say for the Christian God. If I didn’t write the comment, who else did? There’s obviously a comment because you just read it and responded to it. If you actually think that claims for a person’s existence is the same as claiming the existence of an infinitely powerful, omniscient, magical super-being who inexplicably manufactured the universe and everything in it by pure force of will… for intellectual obtuseness you take the cake.
PaigeJuly 18, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Dear Joe B,
With God things can be confusing. Yes you may not be able to physically see him or touch him but you can see his work. After all he did create you. I don’t know about your life or what may have happened in your life to know why you say he doesn’t exist but God is all round you. You have to be opened to find him. He’s there with you. In the air, the wind, earth, water, the list goes on. Even though its not how you think you’re supposed to see to God to know he is real you got to faith that he is. He wants you to lean on him for all your needs. He wants you to feel the love that he has for you but you have got to want to see that he does exists. No one can make you see him the only thing we as Christians can do is to share our testimonies and pray that you have questions afterwords. With much Love, you have great day.