Relationships can get complicated sometimes. Its hard to know if you should break up or make up with the person you’re dating. We’ve come up with an awesome list of reasons why you should break up with the person you’re dating.
- They’re not ‘with it’ spiritually – You’ve probably heard that if the person you’re dating isn’t a Christian you should not date them. But many times we let our guard down with who we date after that. If the person is a Christian, we figure it’s okay, and plunge ahead into a dating relationship. However, even though a person is a Christian, that doesn’t mean they are in the same place as you spiritually. You might be really into God and want to know Him more, but the person you’re dating couldn’t really care less. They’d rather just watch TV than get to know God. If this is the case with you, you need to break up with this person. If you’re not on the same page spiritually, break up with the person you’re dating.
- They’re pressuring you sexually. If you’re dating someone that is pressuring you to do anything sexually that you’re uncomfortable with, run for your life. The person you date should love you for you, and not pressure you to do something that you’re uncomfortable with. If you’re being pressured to do anything sexually in any way big or small, run for your life!
- They flirt with others. If the person you’re dating is always flirting with others when you’re around they don’t respect you. If the person you date doesn’t respect you enough to pay attention to you when you’re out on a date then you should find someone who will. Don’t be afraid to break up with someone if they’re flirting with others in front of your face.
- Your parents and friends don’t approve. If your parents and friends don’t approve of your relationship, you should be open to taking a closer look at your relationship. They may be noticing some warning flags that you’re blinded to. Take note of what your friends and family think of your relationship. They can offer you solid advice and see things you might be missing. If they don’t approve, take a good honest look at your relationship and determine if you should break up.
- You’re Being Abused – If you’re being abused either verbally or physically, no matter how small you need to get out of your relationship. Small abuses now could grow into huge problems if you kept dating and chose to marry this person. If you’re being abused, break up!
These are just a few things to think about when you’re dating. If you are experiencing any of these in your relationship you need to prayerfully consider breaking up with the person you’re dating. Never settle for anything less than God’s best.