Its summer break time again! You’re probably happy to be free from the stuffy halls of your school and able to sleep in! What are you going to do with all this newfound freedom and time? If you’re looking for some suggestions you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got ten ideas to make your summer epic!
- Start a business. You could run around your neighborhood and see if some of your neighbors would let you mow their lawns. Or maybe you’ve got a knack for making the most amazing chocolate chip cookies the world has ever seen. Take your ideas and skills and see if you can make some money selling them. You might find that making money is a lot more fun than you originally thought.
- Get a job. This might seem like a really lame way to spend the summer, but you might be surprised at how much you like working. The extra money is always nice, plus it gives you a chance to make some new friends on the job and also helps you not get too bored being at home.
- Write a song. Take some time to give songwriting a try. It doesn’t have to be serious or grammy award winning. Have fun with it and see what you can come up with. Start by working on the lyrics and words and be creative. You might be surprised at how much fun songwriting can be.
- Read your Bible. Set yourself some challenges for Bible reading this summer. Decide to read a chapter of the Bible that you might not have read before, or really go for it and see if you can get through the whole book this summer. You can use your free time to get to know God a little better through His word.
- Take a crazy adventure. You don’t even have to go out of your neighborhood or town to do this. Just be creative and think of something crazy you can do. Maybe you try to hike all the walking trails in your town, or see if you can bike across your neighborhood in an afternoon. Get outside and explore something new.
- Do something unexpected for someone else. Find someone you can do something unexpected for. Maybe you can cook dinner for your neighbor that just had surgery. Perhaps your grandma needs some help planting flowers. Find an opportunity and fill a need you see around you. You won’t have to look very hard to find one.
- Visit an older neighbor. Find an older friend or neighbor and stop by their house to visit. This might seem totally lame, but you’ll really make the older person’s day. Be open to talking to them and don’t be surprised if a friendship develops.
- Randomly help out around your house. This might make your mom or dad freak out, but you could try to do something small to help out at home. You could do the dishes before you’re asked or take out the trash. Perhaps you could even clean out the distaster area that was once your room. You might find out you made your mom or dad’s day.
- Find a new part of town. Get some friends together and check out a new part of town that you haven’t visited before. See if you can’t find something fun to do or see in the town near you.
- Do something crazy with friends. It might be seeing who can drink the most cans of soda in 5 minutes or having a water fight outdoors like you used to when you were a kid. Just get together with some friends and do something crazy. You’ll have a ton of fun!
These suggestions should help you get on your way to having a great summer vacation. You’ll have a blast doing some things that are out of the ordinary. Leave us a comment if you have any ideas on ways you’ve made your summer break epic!