Deodorant is a pretty awesome invention. It helps even the stinkiest of us humans! The only downside to deodorant is that after a big workout, deodorant only masks the stinky sweaty odor. It doesn’t get rid of it, like taking a shower would. with that in mind, here’s some ways that deodorant can teach us about the Old Testament.
- Just like deodorant covers the smell of sweaty armpits, sacrifices in the Old Testament only covered sins.
- Hebrews 11:2 – “No matter how many sacrifices were offered year after year, they never added up to a complete solution.” (Message)
- Our sins made us stinky to God – and we needed someone to help us out.
- Jesus came in and did what the sacrifices in the Old Testament couldn’t do.
- Hebrews 10:21 – “Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of his sacrifice, acting as our priest before God.”
- Jesus didn’t just cover our sins, he cleaned them up for good!
So when you walk by the gym at your school and see all the people working out, let that be a reminder to you of the awesome thing Jesus did for us. He gave us a way to talk to, worship, and enjoy God.