If you were asked to choose between wearing a brand new pair of Nike shoes or wearing some shoes from the bargain store, which would you choose? If you’re like most people you’d chose the brand new Nike shoes. That’s because for most people, the ‘off brand’ or ‘generic brand’ just doesn’t cut it. They want the real thing. They want something authentic or genuine.
In the same way, your faith should be something that is genuine and authentic in your life. Paul gives Timothy a pat on the back for his genuine faith in 2 Timothy 1:5.[quote align=”center” color=”#999999″]I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. (NLT)[/quote]
Here’s a few things genuine faith looks like:[list type=”bullet”]
- Genuine faith is sold out to God
- Genuine faith is fresh and active
- Genuine faith doesn’t blend in – it lets God change the way you live.
- Genuine faith isn’t boring or outdated
- Genuine faith believes that the things God says in the Bible aren’t suggestions, they’re a way of life.
- Genuine faith doesn’t compromise
- Genuine faith causes action
- Genuine faith isn’t based on feelings
Genuine faith looks different than off-brand or generic Christianity. It acts differently than off-brand Christianity. So, how does your faith rate? Is is generic or authentic?
Listen: Dangerous by Group 1 Crew